Pages

Total Pageviews

06 May, 2013

Create Your Own Dream Book

Create Your Own Dream Book

How did you make your Dream Book? I have been asked that question so many times over the past 13 years ever since I designed “My Life Goals” Book and am surprised I didn’t think to post this sooner, but as they say “better late than never”.
It is flattering that most everyone who sees it wants to have a book just like it. When I tell them how much effort was required to make it, very few are willing to put in the time to make it happen. So, with this understanding I am going to condense my process into 4 steps to help you build and designed your own Dream/Goals Book.
Warning: For those who have done this, happiness and success has followed. If you are prepared for this then please read on…. :)
1) Create a Be, Do, Have List – Before you create a book you will need to determine what it is that you want. It is important to decide what you’d like to truly BE, the activities you’d most like to DO and the possessions (emotional and material) you want to HAVE. Take all the time you need as this list should be very expansive and have little regard for what is “realistic”. I mean, this is DREAM Book, right?
 Here are a couple examples:
BE -  father, basketball coach, millionaire, healthy….
DO – climb mountain, skydive, watch Sumo wrestling match, visit Egypt etc….
HAVE – Mercedes, million dollars checking acct, 3 kids, all my teeth for life…
2) Highlight Your Top Picks – Once you have this massive and unedited list created the next step is to then pick the ones that really “feel right” with you. Hopefully, if you are really diving into this you will have created such a list that it will probably take 2-3 lifetimes to complete. This is great ’cause it allows you to go over the list again and sort through the items that most resonate with you. So, simply read over what you created and start highlighting the ones that stick out the most to you, the things you could see yourself in THIS LIFETIME accomplishing and getting super excited about.

(3) Gather Images for each Dream – Now that you have your starting list it is time to find images through magazines, internet, or personal photos that represent each of the items you highlighted on your BE, DO, HAVE lists. Once you have images for each one you create a book. However you’d like to create the book is up to you, but I bound mine together in a way that it was durable so I could carry it with me wherever I’d like to go.

4) Stamp it a Success – You could certainly leave it at that, but I take it one step farther. If I have the ability I take a picture of me accomplishing the dreams/goals in my book and substitute the old image with my pictures. I then use my red stamp titled SUCCESS on each of the items I have accomplished. It is so awesome to go through the book and track all the DREAMS I am accomplishing and fill my book up with successes.
I wish you all the best as you create the life you want and strive towards your dreams. The fun is in the journey so happy travels


0 comments:

Post a Comment